What does hybrid learning look like? How can we do it well?
As COVID-19 continues to disrupt education, we need to refocus our thinking on how best to design engaging learning. Rather than look at content and how to deliver it, we should ask: How does learning happen? And how can we design powerful, memorable learning experiences?
By shifting from when and where learning takes place (to Zoom or not to Zoom?), we can ask better questions about what we need to do as teachers to truly engage learners in the work they need to do.
Participants in this interactive session will:
• Understand why developing a language for describing teaching and learning matters
• Explore why the “less is more” mantra in planning and design is something we should all adopt
• Understand why incorporating student-to-student and instructor-to-student social interactions matters
• Explore the positive impact of adopting universal design for learning principles
• Explore the positives that have resulted from remote teaching during the pandemic — the “keepers” from our emerging practice