Explore specific approaches to alternative assessments – podcasts, portfolio-based assessment, competency-based video assessment, group and individual projects.
Find out what weight should be attached to online participation and how to assess “participation”.
• How do you assess students, no matter where they are located?
• How do we assess student work, especially where the work has practical components?
• What approaches can we take to assessment to ensure they are authentic, equitable and effective?
Five Key Takeaways
An understanding of:
1. The differences of assessing students in an online environment.
2. Approaches you can take to weighting participation.
3. Ensuring accessibility, equity and efficiency in assignments.
4. Ensuring the integrity of assessment.