After COVID-19: What’s Next for Online Learning? A worldwide address by John Baker, President and CEO, D2L
What’s Next for Online Learning, Contact North | Contact Nord’s signature webinar series on the future of online learning, is proud to welcome as its inaugural speaker John Baker, the president and CEO of D2L.
With his unique perspective and insights on post-secondary education and corporate learning, Baker’s worldwide address on Monday March 22, 2021 is of particular interest to faculty, instructors, academic administrators, leading designers, Ed Tech specialists, policy-makers and funders around the world.
Having founded the global software company in 1999 while he was still a student at the University of Waterloo, Baker has a rare ability to challenge and encourage those in the education space to think differently and reach higher.
His address covers several key trends, including:
• What the pandemic has revealed about teaching and learning online
• The latest — both good and bad — across the EdTech sector
• The innovations we can expect to see the coming years
• What the post-pandemic online learning landscape looks like for schools, colleges and universities
• Insights into what worked well and hasn’t worked well in remote teaching during the pandemic
• Likely developments that will have significant impact on learning in both the short and long term
• Major areas of concern, including cybersecurity, privacy and inequality of access to appropriate bandwidth and technologies
What’s Next features a select group of CEOs sharing their vision of learning in a post-pandemic world.